Panel Discussion – The Right Way to Automate Manufacturing Operations
Sunday, September 10, 2023, 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM | Pavilion 1-3
At a certain point in a brand’s growth, incorporating some form of automation into operations will become a necessity in order to efficiently scale production. There are also benefits related to quality, operational costs, and company culture.
Topics of discussion for this panel include:
- Where to start: From assembly to inspection to material handling, it’s important to identify which manual processes will benefit the most from automation to improve output.
- The robotic workforce: How to leverage collaborative robots to work side-by-side with operators.
- Tools to boost productivity and quality: From analytics to predictive maintenance, the ability to collect and contextualize data is an important aspect of automation.
- Machine-as-a-Service: New service models take on the responsibility of onsite equipment.
- Sustainability: Automation allows manufacturers to better manage resources to eliminate waste and increase energy efficiency.